- Law School: University of Texas School of Law (J.D., 1996)
- Undergraduate Degrees: University of Colorado at Boulder (1992 - Dean's List PoliSci)
- Truck Driver Training, The Legacy Corporation, 2018
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy Skills, 2002
- Trial Lawyers College, 2012
- Trial Lawyers College, Graduate Studies, 2013
- Martindale Hubbell Distinguished 2020
- Top 50 Verdicts in the U.S.
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers
- Client Satisfaction Award by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys
- Texas, 1997
- Colorado, 1999
- Wyoming, 2018
- Washington, 2019
- US District Court, District of Colorado, 2000
- US Court of Appeals, Tenth Court, 2003
Memberships and Associations
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, Executive Committee
- Colorado Bar Association
- Wyoming Bar Association
- Washington Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Larimer County Bar Association
- American Association of Justice
- National College of District Attorneys, 1999
With over 24 years of trial experience, accident attorney Phillip Chupik knows what it takes to win inside and outside the courtroom. Born in Texas, Phil attended the University of Colorado Boulder, graduating with a degree in Political Science in 1992. He went on to graduate from The University of Texas School of Law. After earning his Juris Doctorate from UT, Phil took a position with the Galveston County District Attorney’s office, honing his skills in the courtroom where he had over fifty jury trials ranging from sexual assaults to murders.
After three years of prosecuting cases in Texas, Phil and his wife decided to move back to Colorado where he entered the civil litigation practice in Denver, representing developers, builders, physicians, and hospitals in negligence claims. In 2008, after many years on the defense side, Phil decided to utilize his trial skills to help injured Plaintiffs. He joined Metier Law Firm in 2008 and he is now a partner with the firm representing clients all over the country who have suffered injuries traumatic brain injuries and been injured in trucking accidents. He also specializes in bad faith litigation cases against insurers.
Phillip is licensed in Colorado, Wyoming, Washington State and Texas and is also licensed to practice in the U.S. District Court of Colorado and the 10th Circuit Court of Appeal. He graduated from the prestigious Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College in 2012 and continues to refine his litigation skills with The College. Phil is a member of the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, Colorado Bar Association, and American Association of Justice and is peer rated by Martindale Hubbell as Distinguished for his ethics and legal abilities. He has served on the Colorado Trial Lawyers Executive Committee for the last two years.
He has been recognized by Top 50 U.S. Verdicts, the Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers and has received the Client Satisfaction Award by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys.
Phillip, his wife and three boys love the outdoors and enjoy playing tennis, hiking and sailing.
- Colorado Litigators' Summit, Know your Audience: Trying your case outside the Denver metro area
- NBI, Advanced Insurance Bad Faith: Strategic Discovery of Claims Handling
- CTLA Annual Convention, Wanna Cry...Now: Inadvertent and Internet Data Breaches and Other legal internet concerns
- CTLA Annual Blockbuster Seminar, Self Driving Vehicles and the Law (or Lack thereof): Are we gonna be out of business?