- Law School: University of Nebraska School of Law (J.D., Litigation Skills Program of Concentrated Study, 2007)
- Undergraduate Degrees: University of Nebraska (B.A., 2003)
- Western Trial Advocacy Institute
- Trial Lawyers College
- Trial Lawyers College, Graduate Studies
Legal Ratings & Awards
- Best Lawyers, Insurance Law, Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs, and Litigation - Insurance, 2021 & 2022
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Reviewed & Client Reviewed
- Top 40 under 40, The National Trial Lawyers 2015-2018
- Colorado State Bar, 2008
- Nebraska State Bar, 2009
- Trial Lawyers College, Faculty
- Colorado Bar Association
- Nebraska Bar Association
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys
- American Association of Justice
I was destined to be a courtroom crusader. I grew up in Nebraska in a family of lawyers – trial lawyers for people, to be more specific. Some of my early memories are of sitting around the dinner table with my family and listening to my Dad tell us stories about his clients and about the companies who hurt them or did them wrong. My first lessons in cross-examining witnesses came when I would misbehave as a kid, and (with a healthy dose of love) my Dad would cross-examine me about it until I saw the error of my ways. These are the kinds of things that stuck with me and inspired me and led me to become a warrior for the people. I went the University of Nebraska College of Law, with a special emphasis on litigation skills and trial advocacy. I graduated from and have continued to attend the Trial Lawyers College since 2011, and I have also been teaching at the Trial Lawyers College since 2019. And with my Dad’s example and guidance, I set a standard for courage, for not giving up, and for providing dignity and hope to people broken by grief and despair. I love what I do and I can’t imagine any other life.
My practice areas primarily include truck wrecks, motorcycle and car wrecks, and insurance bad faith. I’m licensed in Colorado and Nebraska.
When I’m not fighting for my severely injured clients, I’m usually with my wife and two boys. Family is everything to me, and we are big believers in adventure. I also love riding my mountain bike and my motorcycle, I love back country snowboarding, and I love cooking over open fire.