Accomplished Accident Attorneys
Protecting Your Side of the Yellow Line
Metier Law Firm, LLC has over 30 years of experience representing trucking accident victims. Our attorneys are aggressive in litigation and understand the traumatic nature of the personal injuries involved. Personal injuries caused by truck accidents are similar to those caused by motorcycle accidents and motor vehicle accidents. These injuries include crushed bones and other orthopedic injuries, traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, loss of limbs, burn injuries and even death.
Our accident attorneys passionately represent truck accident victims with one goal in mind: to fight tenaciously in and out of the courtroom to get you the compensation you deserve. Metier Law Firm, LLC has helped hundreds of accident victims in attaining just compensation for pain and suffering, lost economic opportunities and wages, medical expenses both past and ongoing, and other accident related expenses.
Truck crash cases that involve large trucks, commonly referred to as “semi-trucks”, “big rigs” or “18-wheelers”, are generally more complex than other personal injury cases because of:
- The severe nature of the injuries caused by truck accidents, such as traumatic brain injuries, burn injuries and spinal cord injuries.
- The multitude of causes such as bad weather, excessive speed, reckless driving, adverse road conditions and defective products, such as defective tires or brakes, leading to products liability and wrongful death claims.
- The complex federal and state laws and regulations that govern truck drivers and the commercial trucking industry.
- The possibility of numerous responsible parties.
- The many different types of accidents, such as jackknifing and under-ride accidents.
- “Jackknifing” is a term used in a truck accident when the trailer attached to the truck swings out and comes to rest at a 90-degree angle from the truck.
- “Under-ride” accidents” occur when the trailer of a large truck that is usually higher above the ground than the front bumpers of most small vehicles causes the smaller vehicles to become stuck underneath the trailer.
Often, it is very difficult to piece together the events leading up to, during and after a truck accident. The victims may not be able to remember, and witnesses usually say that it all happened too fast to be sure of the sequence of events. Furthermore, trucking companies and their insurance carriers are looking out for their best interests and have teams of attorneys with one purpose in mind: making sure you get the least amount of compensation for your injuries.
Our injury lawyers have the passion, dedication and courtroom experience to handle all aspects of your semi-truck accident case. Our attorneys possess the knowledge and know-how to handle these complicated issues and are ready to protect your rights in the courtroom and on the roadways. Metier Law Firm, LLC works with a team of experienced investigators and medical and forensic experts who examine the details of your case and reconstruct your accident, determine the severity of your injuries and characterize your long-term prognosis.
Our legal team can analyze and interpret the federal and state laws and regulations germane to your case; we can determine which party to name in the lawsuit, whether it involves products liability or wrongful death. We understand your injuries and can deal with slow-moving insurance companies. With passion for victory and compassion for its clients, Metier Law Firm, LLC effectively and efficiently uses all its resources to defend the rights of semi-truck accident victims and their families.
If a loved one has been involved in a fatal truck accident or you have suffered an injury in a trucking crash, we can assist you. Contact a truck accident attorney at Metier Law Firm, LLC for a free, initial consultation and let us provide you and your family with comfort, safety and strength you need to get through these difficult times. We serve clients in Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska and nationwide.